The historic Balsams Resort hotel in Dixville Notch has been closed for renovations since 2010, but developer Les Otten has ambitious plans to redevelop the hotel and dramatically expand the adjacent Wilderness Ski Area. The plans are undergoing a lengthy approval process, but if approved and completed, the ski area would become the largest in the northeast.
- Balsams developers target April construction start (New Hampshire Union Leader, January 27. 2018)
- Financing delays redevelopment of Balsams resort (Portland Press Herald, October 13, 2017)
- Les Otten to make stand with old Balsams Hotel, (Boston Globe, February 27, 2016)
- Balsams easement amendment cleared: AG decides to take no action on Forest Society’s change to conservation restriction, (New Hampshire Business Review, January 22, 2016)
- AG upholds Balsams land-use agreement, (Union Leader, January 13. 2016)
- State Won’t Block Changes To Conservation Easement To Help Balsams Developer, (New Hampshire Public Radio, January 13, 2016)
- Balsams Resort ski expansion plans